Friday, February 27, 2009

Responses

The word verification on here isn't working so I'm going to respond to comments here until goggle fixes the problem. So if you send me an e-mail look for a respone here! thanks!

David brought up a good point... Spencer Tracy was 20+ years younger than Lucile Watson...would audiences back then have accepted a couple with such a large age difference?

My response is that I didn't consider that at all and that is a valid question. Today we would just put age makeup on Tracy to make him look older and on Watson to make her look younger and they'd meet somewhere in the middle. I think maybe that age still would've been an issue back then but if aging was done than audiences would accept it especially since they didn't show a romantic relationship between them.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe I'm biased, but 20 years is plausible -- certainly in Hollywood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The movie requires so much makeup that would the age gap even have mattered? It's not like you're recasting 'Pillow Talk' or something where it's primarily normal people in a normal world.

    ReplyDelete